1. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you from?
My name is Tam and I’m a 22-year-old singer-songwriter and producer from Johannesburg, South Africa.
2. What are your earliest memories of music?
My earliest memory of music would be when I was about 9 or 10 years old, I heard Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl because my mother had her Greatest Hits DVD. Ever since then, the music changed for me. I even formed a three-piece girl group in school because of it.
3. Who or what do you draw inspiration from?
I draw inspiration from emotions and human experiences. I enjoy taking a real-life emotion or experience and turning that into a musical idea that brings about some kind of feeling.
4. Why the interest in the specific music you do?
It gives me the freedom to be raw, not only with my content but my vocal capabilities. I have a lot of fun experimenting with ideas and getting lost in the music.
5. What should we expect from you in the near future?
A lot more music, a lot more honesty, and a lot more me.
6. What separates you from the rest?
My personality, I’m quirky and I’m an ambivert.
7. Do you have any specific goals in mind?
Yes, become one of the best performers in the world.
8. Any artists you’d like to work with in the near future?
Definitely Rouge and J Something from Mi Casa.
9. Any other interests outside of music?
I love reading and gaming.
10. Music over everything or do you believe in a backup plan?
Music over everything.