- Hi Laurie, could you start by telling us a bit about yourself?
I am Laurie Frempong, a model, fashion/lifestyle blogger, and a trained nurse. I love to read and I am inspired by fashion and art.
- Who was your first style icon and how would you describe your own personal style?
I grew up loving the way African women dressed and I still do. Now the person whose style I cannot seem to get enough of is Rihanna. Her style is effortless. My personal style is simple but unpredictable.
- Do you have any fashion rules when putting an outfit together?
Simplicity is key for me. I love outfits that allow me to play around.
- Tell us about your blog. What inspired you to start it and the biggest challenge about fashion blogging?
I have been running this blog for three years now. My blog is both fashion and lifestyle and this allows me the freedom to blog on different things that interest me. My love for style/fashion and writing as well as the encouragement from a few good friends got me started.
- Do shops and advertisers send you samples of their goods to feature?
Yes I receive a lot of such offers
- You currently have quite a following for your blog. Was there ever a time when you had say only one follower?
Well we all started from somewhere. My friends were really supportive and my followership grew steadily.
- What’s the biggest difference in your life pre-blogging?
It has boosted my sense of independence and opened my mind to more creative ideas. It is amazing the people I have met on this journey. It has been very exciting.
- What’s the biggest tip you have for anyone wanting to start a fashion blog or website?
- Be true to your style
- Follow bloggers with similar interests
- Be inspired daily
- Who takes the majority of your photos?
I have worked with several photographers; it depends on who is available at what time.
- Lastly, where do you see your blog in the next five years?
I see my blog making a huge impact in Ghanaian/African fashion and in the lives of people and brands.
Compiled by Godwin Mitchual